Thursday, June 23, 2011

Crops or Interior Design?



Now, you can't just expect a garden to tend to itself, nor will it gather it's own crop.  So, every day I go out to see what bounty has been bestowed and pluck it from the vine.  I was so excited to see my butternut squash blooming last week!  And so I couldn't help but take one, the biggest one I could find, and bring it in.  I have no idea if it was ready to be harvested or not, but I took it anyway because I'M GROWING THINGS IN MY GARDEN!!

The problem is I just love looking at all the veggies, the vibrance in their color,  and the wonder of their growth.   So, I just started using them for decorations. Who knew tomatoes and banana peppers would make such a nice arrangement! :)

2 comments:

Amanda McCrory said...

Love it! Thoses tomatoes would look really good on my white bread right about now!

Lana said...

Looking good!