L137
So, if you've been visiting the House of Bowling blog here for any length of time, then you know that on the 3rd of every month we put up a new scripture to think about and try and memorize.....in hopes of "hiding HIS words in our heart" (H3).
And for those of you who began this little adventure with me into the H3 club ---- pat yourself on the back, it's our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! That's right....we've been at it for a whole year. I'm glad you started with me. I'm glad you're still here. I'm sure we've lost a few, but I know we've gained new people it seems like each month, and we're always ready to have ANYONE and EVERYONE join us!!! And I am thankful for each one of you. Maybe you only learned a couple of verses, maybe you can recite them all from the past year---it doesn't matter, what matters is that God's word has been resting in your heart every time you read these verses....and for that He is pleased.
I bet you're wondering what L137 stands for.....I'm about to tell you. Is it a bar code? A ticket # ? A call out at the Bingo? A skew # for produce? An aisle in Target? A train ride? Your stadium seat? An airline flight?
Nope. It just so happens to be a little code for this month's verse selection.....which includes a few profound words from our Lord:
"For nothing is impossible with God."
~Luke 1:37
Look....it's short, easy to remember, EVERYONE can use it (I think daily), and we even have a code for it.....God is so good!
All month, and for the remainder of your days here on earth, remember L137.....For nothing is impossible with God.
- When the evil of the world is crushing in, and it becomes increasingly harder every day to find the good, remind yourself: L137
- When you are having a hard time accepting the will of the Father, through death, divorce, harsh work climates, miscarriages, liars, infidelity, envy, bitterness, you think there's no way past it all....always know: L137
- When your teenager's behavior is less than desirable, you're exhausted and at your wit's end, your doubting your ability to parent, know that there's always a place to turn for help.....keep in mind: L137
- When you are struggling to make end's meet, your family has experienced job loss, financial burdens are piling up, there is a way out, seek His face and remind yourself: L137
- When you are tempted time and time again, trials are around every corner, the devil is after you like never before, and he's saying mean and ugly things that you are believing about yourself, he's laughing at your inabilities, your shortcomings, your failures.....shout back at him: L137
- When a close friend or family member has betrayed you, it seems too hard to forgive, almost impossible to move on.....but wait, remember: L137
- When chaos reigns at your house, the laundry never ends, the bills arrive daily, the children expect to be fed, the co-workers ask you to do more than your fair share, the friends take but rarely give, the challenges of parenting are overwhelming (it is a HUGE responsibility), the committee meetings, the constant rush through life, the fact that sometimes people just aren't going to like you, some will never agree with you, and we all still have to live here together on this planet anyway.....when all of it comes crashing down, week after week, please take a single moment daily to take a deep breath and don't count to 10....just say to yourself very calmly: L137
This verse comes from the gospel of Luke when the angel Gabriel is predicting Jesus' birth. The angel has told Mary what is to come, and she questions him. I'm sure she was not particularly happy with his insinuations....a child? Why I haven't even been with a man! How could I be having a child?
Gabriel continues on telling her of Elizabeth's pregnancy as well....and reminds her she herself will be carrying not just any baby, but rather the Son of God. And what does the angel say to back up his story: L137
"For nothing is impossible with God."
Not even an immaculate conception.
Friend, do you hear that? Mary, the mother of Christ, was a virgin. A great miracle, no, the greatest miracle ever....all because of Luke 1:37. We all know how that story pans out in the end. Don't you know Mary has to be the proudest mother ever.....just think of her brag book. Oh, if she only had a blog......she could certainly top any ol' story I could dig up about my three little blessings.
Was she scared in the beginning? Sure. Was she uncertain how people would perceive her and her growing belly? Was she ashamed of what Joseph would think? Worried silly about the gossipers of her day? Do you think she ever felt like the world's burdens may be too much too bear alone?
Mary trusted God with her problems.
Now, don't you think God can handle our problems as well?
Mary believed in God's promise.....she believed in the words of L137.
Will you?

6 comments:
Great post!
Once again, just what I needed!! You're such a blessing!! Love you girl!!
Right on the money! I walk around the apartment saying this (sometimes while having a headache med). It's very helpful.
THANKS!!! Love ya!!:)
Love this!!!! I am screaming it now! Thank you....and 1 year! Can't believe how fast time flies!
I wish I could put into words how much H3 has blessed me and my family over this past year. Thank you for continuing. I am CLINGING to this verse for dear life. He is faithful and He still can perform miracles. Love you, Kimbo.
Post a Comment