Friday, October 22, 2010

Basement Updates

Several years later, we are beginning to finish out our basement.  Everything in due time, dear.



We started earlier this year, back during the winter months, and boy, did we ever have some terrific helpers.



She works well alongside her Dad....it's the popular Hi-Lo method of painting walls.


Everyone was SUPER excited to be able to paint....it's always exciting to begin with, but sadly, that excitement was short lived. Very short lived.  So, we had some friends come over to help out.....and by friends, I mean men in trucks who own a construction company.  As you will see here, they whipped out the rest of the painting, finished up some electrical work Temple had started, put in the drop ceiling, made me some quaint little arches going from room to room, plumbed out the bathroom, built out crown molding on the windows in the bedroom, etc.

It's still in the process, but I thought I'd document the progress thus far.









Oh, look....a hole in the floor....in the basement floor....which means we can see the earth below our home....wonder if we could dig to China?  Not really, because the workers are here today to fill it up....it's actually the shower area for the bathroom.  Looks great, huh?


So, we'll have a family room downstairs, a kitchenette, a bedroom, a bathroom, a storage room,  my office/library and Temple will have his train room.  The boys are looking forward to helping their Dad out when this room gets finished for sure!


Oh, and I forgot to mention....Baby Girl has her own "secret room" as well. 


Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to update even more! We are so excited!

3 comments:

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Looks Great! I Love the colors you are using and the arch doorways.

And don't you just love it when you can ask those "friends" to come help. We had some lingering DIY projects that Kyler finally allowed me to hire out earlier this year. BEST money ever spent. Elminiated alot of stress and arguements. I am already budgeting to have them come back again next year.

Our upstairs is basically like your basement, it is wired, plumbed and the wall are all up and painted but we still have all the finishing work to do (touch up painting, moulding, flooring, the cabintry and the kitchenette). Too bad that is the expensive part and I have to use patience. Thanks to your post at least I'll know I have hope of eventually being able to finish it.

The Cannons said...

Looking good!! LOVE the cabinets by the way.:)

Lana said...

Lovely!