I know it doesn't look like much....and to be honest, it isn't much. Throw a lemon cake mix, a couple of eggs, some cool whip in a bowl and mix it up.
Roll a spoonful of dough in powdered sugar and line them up on a cookie sheet!
Stand in awe at the heavenly smell when you pull them from the oven. Rejoice in the lightness you feel when you pop one of them in your mouth. Don't take my word for it, ask anyone who was around during the late 80's/early 90's. Why, even Court was pleasantly reminded of their yummyness just a few weeks ago, and promptly made herself a batch just because.
Seriously....they are that good. My sister made COUNTLESS batches of these while I was in high school and college. Even mailing them in large care packages to Auburn. All my friends loved me. There's lots of reasons to still want to be in college....Velcro Pygmies, anyone?....but lemon cookies are atop the list. And Karisa, while you're at it, how about whipping up one of those chicken pot pies for the care package, too?
3 comments:
I've tried to explain to Dave how Karisa tireless waited for all us kids to come through the lunch line at the high school to give us our pot pies and cookies and how much that just MADE my day. The Tyner women are a special bunch.
still two of Phillip's favorite foods - Karisa's chicken pie and lemon cookies. I still make a chicken pie everytime he comes home. And I just might whip up some lemon cookies any day now.
Ms. Sue---two of my favorite foods too...I haven't had a chicken pie in a LONG time though. Lemon cookies, just last week. Yum.
Court---she is amazing, and spread her love far and wide to all of us. Since we only lived a block or two from the high school, she baked the chicken pies on a certain rotation so that all of us got ours hot from the oven at our specified lunch time! :) But everyone was so happy to see her standing at the lunchroom doorway with a little tin foil covered pan in her hands. :)
Really, who in the world does that kind of stuff---just for a bunch of punk teenagers???
Post a Comment