Wednesday, September 08, 2010

It should be a great marriage, with such wonderful beginnings at AU.....

During the Auburn game this past weekend the sweetest thing occurred at halftime.  The ladies in navy suits and the guys in orange blazers are known as the War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen.  They were recognized on Jordan Hare field at halftime during the season opener.  

Just as they were about to exit the field, one lone orange jacket stayed behind, lowered himself to one knee and popped the big question to his girl......right there on the 50 yard line in the center of the AU, among 87,000 of the Auburn family.  It was so sweet. I didn't realize what was happening soon enough to get a pic of him on his knee but here's what followed:


Congratulations to the happy couple and WAR EAGLE!!

4 comments:

MomMom said...

I loved that, too! She'll never forget the day and the way he proposed to her---how sweet. And, the crowd loved it, too. War Eagle!!

Barbara Chambers said...

Hey Kimberly, I have friends, also Plainsmen and War Eagle Girls, who are now married and in seminary. David Ehle and Mary Beth Stegall Ehle. I agree. What a great beginning at AU!!!

Joy said...

Awww,,,,,sweet.

hicksfamilycircus said...

That was so precious!