Friday, September 03, 2010

I had good intentions to have a post up today.



But you know what they say about good intentions....especially when sickness gets in the way. 

Yes, it is time for the monthly H3 verse posting, and I have a post coming, with pictures even.  However, I wasn't finished with my thoughts on writing it yet so I couldn't schedule it to be posted ahead of time. 

Then the sickness set in....the dreaded strep throat.  I wondered why I almost passed out yesterday while painting paws at the football stadium....I mean I know I'm elderly and the heat can sneak up on old folks, but this was ridiculous.

With a big weekend planned, I knew I needed to get this in check soon, so off to the doc I went last night.  Strep positive.  BIG extended release penicillin shot soon followed.  Dang, that medicine is thick, it stings, and is more painful than I remembered. I feel really sorry for my kids now....as I've always dismissed the largeness of the needle and the thickness of the liquid inside with a quick, "suck it up, you'll feel much better after you get this shot, it's just ONE shot".

I did manage to mumble to myself to suck it up as the nurse was "prepping" the area and counting to 3.   It still hurt and I immediately wanted to send for the driver to get me and take me home....and then I realized I was the driver. Suck it up.

So, anyway, thanks to the shot I am feeling some better, amazingly, my throat isn't what hurts the most, it's the congestion clogging up my head, I can't breathe.  And your brain needs oxygen.  So, I felt it best not to try to write a post when my brain still feels a little woozie from all the fever, congestion, and exhaustion of recent sleepless nights.  I promise it will be up, but it may be a few days....unless you want some really incoherent thoughts....I mean, more than usual. :)

Right now I can't decide which hurts worst, my chest, my throat, my head, my back or my booty.

And they didn't even give me a cute, colorful, cartoon character-laden band-aid.
 

5 comments:

The Cannons said...

Hope your well soon! You are Super-Mom, Super-Wife, Super Picture-Taker, Super-Sunday School Teacher, Super-...well, you have many hats to wear and they all need you to get it done! Love ya!!:)

courtney said...

hope you feel better soon!

Lana said...

DItto to the Cannons! I hope you are better already!

LLL

Anonymous said...

Eugh, you're not allowed to be sick while it is still summertime (granted, very end of summertime, but still..)..

I wager those three good young people of yours will take extra special care of you and you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Strep throat is terrible business!