Tuesday, September 07, 2010

I just took a bunch of extra medicine and went anyway!

No matter how sick I am, I never miss an opportunity to spend a day in Auburn, especially watching my beloved Tigers in their season opener!! 

And Baby Girl never misses an opportunity to put in a little gym practice....who knows, maybe an AU gymnastics coach caught a glimpse of her abilities at the tailgate! :)



We made it to the stadium and hadn't even sat down good before it was time to make a trip to the concessions.  But aren't these AU pretzels just the neatest thing??  And yum, too.

                                               

Then it was time....one of my favorite times of the year....I get giddy just thinking about it all over again.....time to watch the 2010 Tigers bust forth from the locker room and take the field!!





And next it was CAM time....oh, that Cam, what can I say, he was fun to watch--run, pass, scramble, you name it! 

You certainly can't miss him, at 6'5" he stands heads above most of the team....and I think he's going to prove to be a great choice as our QB.






And here is my new friend Cam, talking with our 3rd string QB, who happened to go in for a trick play of sorts, and he has an ARM on him as well....he chunked the ball downfield for a touchdown reception! 


I can't leave you without a pic of one of my favorite sideline coaches ever....Trooper Taylor.  However, I wouldn't trade places with him for anything....I'm not about to chest bump Lee Ziemba.



So, all in all, here's the summary:

Our defense needs some work, but I could watch Cameron Newton all day....in fact I think I will do just that every Saturday!


Yep, a day on the plains with all my favorite people---life is good....even with strep throat.

Updated to add:  Cam also received SEC Offensive Player of the Week (thanks for reminding me Michele)

4 comments:

Amanda McCrory said...

War Eagle! I am excited to watch CAM every time he is on the field as well, and yes your baby girl Def has some Skillz!

MomMom said...

War Eagle!! We were there, too. Isn't Cam exciting to watch and will give some defensive coordinators lots to think about. He's exciting to watch. I agree our defense needs to vastly improve for us to win in the SEC, but there is lots of promise for the 2010 team. Maybe we can meet up at one of these games. We have season tickets. Love all of your pictures.

The Cannons said...

The pretzel should have healed right there on the spot!:)

hicksfamilycircus said...

Girl we are made of the same mold!! Love the post. I'm of coarse so late on mine. And that CAM is the bomb!! War Eagle girlie!!