Yes, she survived her surgery. Yes, she stayed out of school the full week, just as the doctor suggested. And to be honest, I think that hurt her worse than the surgery itself. However, she diligently contiued her studies while homebound.....inquiring every afternoon of her brother if he had stopped by her classroom to gather her work for the day. She LOVES school....in fact, I'm certain she'd be the only child I have who would volunteer to go year 'round if it were offered.
At any rate, she did great work all year and on awards day it paid off. In her classroom she received a multiplication award which included a free movie rental, as well as the classroom "cheerful cheerleader". That's her alright. During the school awards assembly, she received All-A Honor Roll, Highest Academic Average in Language and one that encompasses more than just her academics, several other factors are taken into account as well, Most Outstanding Student.
She just smiled so brightly when we were at home later in the day. I said, "Baby Girl, do you realize you have gotten that award every single year you've been in school?"......To which she replied, "Yes, m'am....I don't know how I do it. I just do my work every year the same way."
I guess every year she just has the best teacher ever who prepares her for the upcoming year to be the best she can possibly be. I know you all probably get tired of seeing this similar post year after year, but undoubtedly, Baby Girl has been blessed with having the BEST of the BEST every year. Seriously, her first 4 teachers have all been PHENOMENAL.....and we couldn't have asked for more than PHENOMENAL, now could we?
A big thanks to this fine lady, Baby Girl's teacher, who consequently also taught Elder Son at this age. She's the cream of the crop and Baby Girl loves her so much!
Now, let me say, my boys received awards as well. However, they don't feel the need to be photographed so much anymore. In fact, I bet if I'd walked into the high school with my camera for awards day, Elder Son would have acted as if he didn't know me! However, he doesn't scare me, but it was coming an absolute downpour and thus I didn't bother with the camera.
Elder Son did receive honor roll this year....A-B honor roll.....of which I'd like to take this moment to clarify the "B" portion of that....but don't get me started. Let me just say that he finished the year with all A's as his final scores in every class. Regardless, we are proud, first year of high school, very involved in sports and activites, honor roll....nice job! Plus, he received an even better award than that....I know he's smart, I don't need the honor roll certificate to tell me that, but he also was awarded the Good Citizenship award. Way to go, Elder Son!
And what about Middle Child? Oh, he did well too, but like Elder Son, he's not so much into the getting your picture made business. In fact he was more worried about getting back to his room after awards assembly because his class was having a grill out party.....clearly he has his priorities in order....it is food that fuels the brain afterall, right? :) He was awarded All-A honor roll and was also recognized for having been chosen by Duke University, for the second year in a row, to be tracked due to his high scores on the national testings. You must score in the 95th percentile in Math and Science for this recognition....meaning that you have scored better than 95 percent of the nation in your age group. Middle Child scored in the 99th percentile.
Way to go....smart like your mama....or maybe not. I know, I know....it really comes from your father, but unfortunately your father doesn't have a blog, so I can say whatever I want! Actually, what your father always says is that he doesn't put much stock in those test scores....so maybe he'll let me take the credit just this once. ;)
2 comments:
I know you are one proud momma as usual!! :)
I'm going to miss TB so much. It was a great year! Thanks for the kind words. Love you all.
Post a Comment