Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baby Girl Update

Just to let you know that the post-op visit went well.  The Doctor said her throat doesn't look "good", but it certainly looks as though it is healing as it should.  It's just not a pretty picture in there.  However, pretty doesn't matter right now, but recovering the best way possible....it matters.

She's been doing awesome....basically surviving for many days on sweet tea!!!  Each day she's eating a little more but we're trying not to push it.  And each day, she's talking a little more.....or a lot more. ;)  In fact, that's one of the stories she told the doctor:

Doc:  So, do you have any questions?

Baby Girl: (raises hand) (even though she doesn't have a ? but does have something to say)--You know what my Uncle Will said yesterday?  Well, I was at my Granny's and I started talking a lot, and my mama said "now you know you're not supposed to be talking a lot", and my Uncle Will asked why and she said, "well the first sentence on the instruction sheet says to KEEP THE PATIENT AS QUIET AS POSSIBLE".  And then you know what my Uncle Will said?  He said, "well, she's YOUR daughter, so that's impossible, isn't it?"

Yes. My brother is a laugh a minute.

They can remove her tonsils but they can't take her spunk, that's for sure.

We even let her out of the house for a couple of hours....late in the evening, so she wouldn't get overheated.  She sat through one inning of Middle Child's baseball game, and then through a couple of innings of Elder Son's baseball game, and then PawPaw took her home to rest.

Spoiled, yes.

Loved, even more.

She's really doing well. We did have a bit of a setback last night with her waking at 3AM for pain medicine.  She's been sleeping through the night for a few days without needing anything.  A minor setback though, she's back doing great again today.....and beating me at Mancala numerous times.

2 comments:

Michele-Team Mom said...

Glad she's doing better!!

Kim Lawson said...

That's really good to already sleeping through the night without pain meds. I think I gave Emma round the clock pain meds for almost 2 whole weeks!! Don't think she needed it that whole time but I was too scared not to. I was REALLY tickled when I didn't have to set the alarm anymore. And, of course, that she was all better! :)

Keep hanging in there, TB! You will be up and running real soon!