Monday, May 10, 2010

Krispy Kreme....where field trip dreams really do come true!! :)

I took the bait and went on the sabotaged field trip, cleverly designed by two of my favorite teachers ever, and ladies I like to call friends....or at least I thought that's what I called them, until they put me in a small room where thousands of fresh donuts were being made and it was like they stood behind the glass mocking my love affair with all things yeast risen and glaze laden.

I thoroughly enjoyed our tour of Krispy Kreme!!  And my life will never be the same after having a donut right off the assembly line.....it couldn't have been a second fresher than it was....and it completely MELTED in my mouth----who cares if you experience 3rd degree burns in your mouth.....a small price to pay for a little piece of heaven if you ask me. 

 A few days before our trip, a friend had texted me to say she was headed on a field trip with her daughter to KK....and was thinking of me.  I texted her back to say that she was skinny enough not just to think of me, but go ahead and eat a donut for me while she was there!  I further texted to say that I would be on that field trip soon and planned on eating my donut without guilt, but rather with pride as sharing a bonding moment with my Baby Girl!!

I did savor every stinking bite of my HOT!NOW! fresher than fresh donut.  And I also savored every Japanese culturally inspired bite of all the food they served me at Tokyo.  And then I called it quits.  Someone had to put an end to my misery and the only way I could do it was to skip out on the afternoon movie....complete with coke and buttered popcorn.  Well, that was the only way other than cutting off my arms to keep from forcing any more food into my mouth!!  The field trip was fun....and the food was great. But it was such a neat time to sit back and watch those litte children enjoy these moments socializing with each other. 




Basically that's all the pics I have for this field trip.  Why?  Because I was too busy EATING to break out the camera, that's WHY!!! 

Furthermore, all these pics do for me is make me even hungrier for a HOT!NOW! right now.....in fact, I may or may not have just licked my computer monitor trying to get that last little bit of warm glaze off Baby Girls' lips.

3 comments:

Lana said...

Gorgeous picture, of Baby Girl!

Anonymous said...

We're going on the same field trip next year. Can we count you in as a chaperone? I've been by the KK 2 times since last week and I had to resist that urge. I did it, but couldn't make it past the Starbucks! That's another vice I have. They're not good for you either! Oh well, gotta enjoy life while we're here!


Sherri

Sherri

The Cannons said...

Cute.:) Will be paying a visit to KK today. I will think about you and eat one for ya!! The perfect excuse not to stop at 2!!:)