- That's right.....Walter Chandler has been around for a full 10 years! He is SUPER excited to be in the "DOUBLE DIGITS" (he has said this phrase over and over for a week now.) So, we are celebrating. And it should turn out to be another week, full of birthday fun....as there are lots of activities going on this week at the House of Bowling.
- Of course, we started out the fun yesterday, with the whole SNOW adventure. Temple woke the boys up at 7 am to show them the snowfall. He woke Walt up and said, "Happy Birthday (a day early), look what we've got outside!" Walt was SPEECHLESS. Once we all went outside to play in it, Walt scooped up a big handful and said, "Thank you, Lord!". Yep, quite an AWESOME birthday treat. And I'll have more snow pictures and tales to come in the next few days, but first things first.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WALT!!!
- Mondays are crazy busy for all of us, so we decided to let Walt have his birthday meal the day before his real birthday. I let the kids choose whatever they want me to cook for their dinner (within reason......fritos with cool whip as a meal is not an option, nor is twizzlers with twinkies......as the mom, I do draw the line.) Walt did an excellent job in choosing a very colorful plate---hamburger steak, corn on the cob, salad, and strawberry/blueberry parfaits. Temple purchased a new deep fryer over the weekend....so he threw in a side of fries on his own!
Walt choosing hamburger steak just makes me laugh out loud. He loves it. And I'm glad. But you would have to understand that this is my child who begs me to give him only plain spaghetti/pasta noodles because he doesn't like the meat in the sauce (hamburger meat). I make him eat it 1/2 and 1/2, because I am a mean mother like that.....I expect you to get a little vegetable and protein alongside your plate full of carbs. And when we grill hamburgers outdoors, he would rather have a "ketchup bun". Seriously.....he ordered hamburger steak for his birthday dinner. And he ate it all. Some things in life just have no explanation. :)
- In honor of Walt's first decade of life....we interviewed him at the table during his birthday meal. A list of 10 of his favorite things follow:
- favorite person = my family (although for the record, I would like to point out that he said mom would be #1, dad #2, followed by his siblings. Just for the record.) :)
- favorite breakfast food = cereal, Lucky Charms to be specific
- favorite sport = FOOTBALL
- favorite candy = skittles
- favorite thing = the pets -- Sadie (dog) and Mr. Jingles (cat)
- favorite place to be = the beach
- favorite thing to do in your free time = playstation 2, X-box or cars
- favorite thing to get at the concession stand = dippin' dots
- favorite beverage = Granny's sweet tea
- favorite place you want to go = Mexico
- We also made bags for Walt to share with his classmates at school today for his Birthday. To celebrate his 10 years, we put 10 fun items in each bag, in honor of his DECADE. His teacher even plans on letting Walt pass them out during Math class.....see, birthdays can be fun and educational!!
Oh, my sweet little handsome guy---Walter. What a blessing you are to all of us!! My heart is filled to overflowing to have you in "double digits". I can hardly wait to see what the next DECADE holds for you-----great things, I know that for sure.
- "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." ~~Ephesians 2:10
3 comments:
My little man is growing up. Wonder what presents you will get tonight???
Happy B-Day Walt-man!I know God has great things in store for you!
Happy Birthday Walt!!
DOUBLE DIGITS!! WOW!
Love you lots,
Aunt Lana
Post a Comment