So, this week's Saturday Showcase actually goes to a couple of SENIOR CITIZENS....who have absolutely no idea what a "BLOG" is....but they love their great-granddaughter tons. And also, to the little girl pictured below.....because she fought through a stomach virus, some serious competition nerves, and still tried her hardest.
Tyner Beth was surprised at her meet this weekend when Grandaddy and Grandmama showed up as her cheerleaders. They can sit for hours at home and watch her tumble, dance and entertain. She couldn't wait to show them her "real" routines in competition! And we can't thank Aunt Joy enough for bringing them and for wanting to come watch Tyner Beth compete herself.....what a sweetie!
- I would like to report that Tyner Beth did much better this time on vault----and in case you all don't remember what an improvement this was, just click here and take a look at what happened in her first meet. (Splat....head first into the mats.) But this weekend, although still very nervous, she completed her vault very nicely.....GOOD JOB, TB!!
- Here's my cutie patootie---receiving her medal for Bars. And those two little gals who beat her....well, all I can say is watch for them to be in the olympics for real someday. :)
Here's a run-down on her stats:
- FLOOR: not so good, she put in an extra straight jump into her routine, which caused her to get off beat with the music and thus consequently ended with her receiving the lowest score. However, she still had a great smile!!
- BEAM: 4th place
- VAULT: 4th place
- BARS: 3rd place
So, for a quick recap.......she had the stomach virus, missed school on Friday, was only able to eat a few saltine crackers and a gatorade, thus a little weak and puny on Saturday for the meet, and still managed to pull out a few good scores. That's my girl. She's a trooper and makes us so proud!!
- There are really no words to describe what this photo means to me......or what it will mean to Tyner Beth someday when she is older. Having her 82 year old great grandparents come see her flip, tumble and twirl around ---- well, it's just PRICELESS.
8 comments:
What a trooper she is. Congratulations Tyner Beth and what wonderful memories with the GGP's. Cherish them forever!
That is my "Leddle" she owns her daddy's heart...
Congrats TB!That picture brought tears to my eyes.
Congrats Tyner Beth! I am so glad I got to see you and your BIG trophy last night. My Abby is still working on her "wall split" (whatever it's called) that you showed her. Keep up the great tumbling and that beautiful smile!
I think someone I know is Olympics bound!
So very proud of you, TB
Love you lots,
Aunt Lana
all I have to say about the girls that placed in front of her better be practicing everyday cause T.B. will be on the top soon!! I miss yall and love yall so much!!!
TB, ever since you were tumbling around in your mommy's tummy before you were born, it was a sure thing that you were destined to win medals. You go, girl!
Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments.....Tyner Beth has had a bit of a struggle with gym this week....so I can't wait to show her all these so she can see how many people out there believe in her!
Post a Comment