Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 3 -- Spring Break Road Trip '09


Day 3's featured stop was the CREATION SCIENCE MUSEUM. It is relatively new, been open almost 2 years, I think. EVERYTHING in the museum is biblically based. It talks about dinosaurs, fossils, Noah's ark, the flood, the garden of Eden, the fall of Adam (and thus all man), the apostles, the disciples, the scopes trial, it covers astrology, biology, geology....all based on belief and backed by HIS WRITTEN WORD. And there's absolutely no way I can even attempt to tell you all about it.......but I'm going to try to show you a few photos from the day......

From the Creation Science Museum website: http://www.creationmuseum.org/

"The Bible speaks for itself at the Creation Museum. We’ve just paved the way to a greater understanding of the tenets of creation and redemption. Our exhibit halls are gilded with truth, our gardens teem with the visible signs of life.
We invite you to visit the Creation Museum. Your life may change forever."

  • Sure this is a poisonous dart frog......but I think he's so cute! :)




  • Do you recognize these two men of the Bible?

  • This is the best overview I found to give you an idea.....the 7 C's as it was called in the Creation Science Museum: Creation (what God did in 6 days), Corruption (Adam's sin), Catastrophe (the flood), Confusion (Babel), Christ (the creator became a man), Cross (Jesus died there to pay for OUR sin), Consummation (one day the creator will return)

  • Here's that ugly serpent himself. Sorry, dude, I hate to spoil it for you, but I know the ending.....and you LOSE.

  • Adam naming all the animals...... this area was Walt's favorite part of the museum area we toured (the "jungle", as he called it)

  • Temple studying over Noah's Ark. Although this exhibit looked HUGE to us.....it was only about 1% of the total size of the ark. MASSIVE.
  • I just loved this verse......


  • Another favorite of mine and Walt's---this lovely creature. I just stood and watched him look back at me through the glass----one eye at a time!!! .....Weird.....and Amazing all at the same time. And this is only one of the many many many many creatures God made to inhabit the earth.

Photos weren't allowed in the lecture halls or planetarium. We listened to a lecture by Ken Ham---he talked of the complete importence of our faith in Genesis. The first few verses of the bible provide a strong foundation for everything else that follows. And we all loved the Planetarium movie....... listen folks, in case you didn't realize it.....we are but just a small little spec in a vast universe. If you are ever in the area......don't miss stopping by the Creation Science Museum.

As usual, we were hungry.....so our next stop was for food.


I know a tip usually comes at the end of a meal, but Walt and Tyner Beth were sitting at the end of our table together in their own little world. They wrote this note on the back of their kid's paper placemats, and pulled some of their money from their pockets for the tip. Then they proceded to offer it to the waiter---before our food arrived. :) So cute.


Walt ordered a "make your own" pizza. And he did just that. Once completed, the waiter took him (Rivers and TB were able to tag along too) to the kitchen to put his pizza in the oven.

  • Because we were all already miserable from 6 loaves of crusty, delicious bread, dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.....followed by our pasta entrees......we couldn't pass up some fine desserts-----even though we knew better. A creamy strawberry swirl cheesecake.....and my favorite, Tiramisu.





  • PHOTOS FROM THE KID CAM:


  • Well, it seems they forgot to bring their camera along today for the Creation Science Museum.......so when we got back to the hotel, I asked did they want to go take some photos for me. Of course they did.....the camera is a big hit. But, someone was pretty disgusted and thought it should be HER turn behind the lens.


  • Walt gave in, and handed over the goods. Here's a couple of her skillzzzz:

The hallway outside our room---I think she was trying to show you her depth perception.




  • And the fine staff that had the joy of working the night shift. At least they thought she was cute and humored her with big cheesy smiles! Who knows what she said to them......

There you go.....that's day 3.....maybe that little gal behind the counter is waving good-bye....cause that's what I'm doing right now....see ya later!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think someone could take your picture???? For all I know you could be in a hospital somewhere very sick and I wouldn't know. I need to see proof that you are REALLY on that trip!

Joy said...

You are right Lana....she could be laying in a bed somewhere getting cell phone pictures and updates. Or.....knowing her sweet heart she may be gone on a side trip to get that little lady that was in the bed next to her!!!!

hicksfamilycircus said...

Ok you are beginning to scare me. Guess what my favorite dessert is? Yup. Some awesome Italian Tirimisu!! So are we long lost sisters or what??
Happy trails to ya! Can't wait on the next update.

Misty said...

thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! I loved seeing your photos here. I haven't been there in FOREVER! WE were living in the midwest and I always wanted to take my daughter there. Now that we live in the west, I think she'd appreciate it more. Maybe someday! :)