Now here's a photo you wouldn't normally find on my camera. Not ever. Who would have ever thought my southern porch would have snow covered shoes grace it's wood?
- If I didn't know better, I'd say these were shoes of folks who lived in Michigan. Or Minnesota.....that's what Walt likened our snow day to.... as he said, "I just didn't expect us to get this much snow....I mean it looks like we live in Minnesota." This from my child who, as of yet, has never ventured into Minnesota.
That would be a cinch to our fellow Northerners. They scoff at such piddly little snow as that, they probably have luaus around the pool when only 3 inches fall..... and we, well, we head out to get bread and milk and extra gloves and toboggans like there's no tomorrow. Because we could be snowed in for days......or not.
- How about our lovely Snowman?......I like the fact that he is in tune with his inner SEC allegiance.
And he wears it well. That was, he wore it well.......right up until his head melted and rolled off his body.
- Even the pets had a short run in the white stuff. Sadie thought it was fun and wanted to play with the us in the backyard.
- Here in the deep South, we may speak of it from time to time, wish for it occasionally, have even been known to pray fervently for it on Christmas Eve, but we hardly ever have contact with REAL SNOW or any type of wintry weather play. Therefore, every decade or so, when some of the white stuff actually falls from the sky, no matter how great or small, it will often create confusion in the minds of southern youngsters. Something about the crystalline ice messes with the synapses in their brains. For instance, I offer you example A:
Here is Walt---- he's trying to hold onto two HUGE snowballs (he prepared for his Dad and Rivers), while simultaneously attempting to catch a snowflake with his tongue. Hey, snowball fights are hard work, you take a little snack break when you can!
Looks like Rivers is ready for some snowball action, too. Clearly, this was no light accumulation we received.......look at the size of that snowball.
Snow..... I appreciate you stopping by.....my family had a blast. But thanks for knowing your time and place. The amount and time span were grand. See you again sometime in the spring of 2015. Where in Alabama, Dean Martin's classic has been changed to "I'm dreaming of a White Easter" -- because we all know it's not coming for Christmas.
2 comments:
The beauty of living in the south; snow today, gone tomorrow. Looks like everyone had fun, well excluding Mr. Jingles. Happy "10" kiddo!
great pictures! perhaps when the snow comes back in 10 years, we can have snowball fight at our house too!
Happy Birthday, Walt!!
Post a Comment