I have friends and family who are going through some pretty deep things right now. Good and Bad. Difficult decisions. Thrilling fun.
I mean some emotional oceans. A cousin who tragically lost her husband. Friends battling cancer. Friends who are experiencing their children leaving the nest for various reasons. An uncle who had emergency surgery. Friends who are making big moves. Milestones for others. New businesses. Marriages. Pregnancy. Buying new homes. Inferitlity. Success in school. etc.etc.
Depths of sorrow, depths of love, depths of joy, depths of pain, depths of excitement and anxiety all rolled into one.
Well I have encouraging news to deliver from the good book. News to help you make it through the hard times and news to encourage you in the joyful moments. News to help you aspire to reach for what the Lord has waiting.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."~~~Jeremiah 29:11
He has a plan for you. He makes that clear, in fact he declares it in Jeremiah 29:11.
He gave us these words. Why don't you hide them in your heart....and pray them over your children, the family who is grieving, the friend who is depressed, your girlfriend who is struggling with finding her mate, any new adventures that are calling you....use this verse for all aspects of your life. Let the Lord lighten the load through the heavy stuff as well as craddle close those joyous moments today!

2 comments:
One of my absolute favorites!!!!! I go back to this verse often to find encouragement...all is for good!
My favorite thing about the word "calamity" is the word "calm"that can be found in it. Excellent verse for someone who is about to experience some major calamity.
Post a Comment