Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I love Cam.

Really, I do. I also think that if Cam were playing for your team of choice, you'd be in full support of him right now as well. I know, I know, you'll probably say I need to quit drinking the Cam kool-aid. 

I have not kept up with all the stories circling this young man, his father, the SEC, the NCAA and all the various allegations. Sure I've read some reports, watched the news, even stooped so low as to listen to Finebaum a time or two just to see what was being said.  I do not know the whole truth, nor do I think any other "sources" do either.  Do I think Auburn paid Cam? Nope.  Do I think a money has been doled out from AU in the past, and other SEC schools?  Sure I do.  I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say it happens every season at probably all major colleges across the nation.....but they just never get reported.

What I do know is that Cam is a great athlete, I've watched that fact come to life every Saturday for the last 11 weeks.  I think his smile is contagious.  I think he is a quite leader on and off the field.

I don't know what will happen in the weeks and months to come concerning what went on during his recruitment.  All I know right now is that I love Cam and I will always cheer for the orange and blue and I will proudly shout WAR EAGLE forever. 

I believe in Auburn and I love it.

Period. End of story.

7 comments:

Josh and Allison said...

Amen to that!! WAR CAM EAGLE!

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

I am not an Auburn fan, well let me restate that...my first love is the Crimson Tide. However, just like my Daddy always did each year before he died, if the Crimson Tide can't go all the way this year.........I want Auburn to go all the way! I am NOT one of these people that say, "I am for anybody that is playing Auburn." Auburn is part of my home state and I support them (after I give support to the Tide). I even wore Auburn attire during Terry Bowden's time at Auburn. I love the Bowden family! Now, back to Cam.....I think he is a great leader and motivates his teammates. I love the way he gets the crowd into a game! I watched Talk of Alabama this morning and it showed Cam doing volunteer work at one of the local schools. NO ONE PAID HIM TO DO THAT! Darlene

MomMom said...

I agree completely! Don't mess with the Auburn family. Cam is an amazing athlete and he's been so much fun to watch. I know he appreciates the love and support he's gotten from the Auburn family this year. War Eagle!!

hicksfamilycircus said...

Kim,
I know there was so much more you wanted to say in this post as I've thought it right there along with you. However, you did an excellent job lifting up this young man who seems to be doing right by his life! What an amazing athlete he is. I couldn't have said this better myself so don't be offended if I mention your post on my page some time soon. Love you girl! WAR EAGLE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cam is CAMAZING! :) Preach on sista!!!

Jennifer Simpson said...

Well said, Cousin. Play On, Tigers. War Cam Eagle.

Joy said...

Tell it girl !!! I don't think a guilty person could sport that wonderful smile of his !!!
xoxoxo Joy