Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Somebody I know was atop the podium stand this weekend....

Baby Girl had  a big competition this weekend.  A home meet, hosted by her team. It's always fun to do well in front of the home crowd. :)   I was working during several sessions of competition, but I was running back and forth so I could watch Baby Girl perform, so I gave the camera duties over to Temple.....which is why there are only a few shots.   You live and you learn. :)

Baby Girl showing off some straight lines, tight body, pointed toes here in her floor routine......she still had a slight problem with a tumbling run, involving some froggy looking legs, but improved her score and we were proud.



She also did well on vault and improved some on bars.....but it was beam....the BEAM, you know that 4 inch wide apparatus that takes a lot of balance to just stay on the thing??? 

Yes, it was beam, her best event thus far in her competitive season, where she shined brightly.....taking 1st place.

 And putting her at the top for the first time ever.....WAY TO GO BABY GIRL!! 

1st place has never looked so good! :)

(hey, she's my kid and it's my blog, I can brag all I want.)


4 comments:

The Cannons said...

Way to go TB!!! We just might get your Momma in a "BAMA" shirt yet!!:).....even if it has Bear Bryant's hat on it!!heehee

The Deavours Family said...

Way to go TB!!!! That is wonderful! and I agree with Angie :)

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

Congratulations TB!!! Great job!

hicksfamilycircus said...

Way to Go Girl!