Yes, yes, I know I'm behind. I'm behind in getting this month's H3 verse up. I'm behind in getting the photo for our Christmas cards. I'm behind in addressing envelopes. I'm behind in laundry....but that's certainly nothing new. I'm behind, and at this time of year, that just seems to be the rule. So I'll make this post short and sweet.
Don't we all rush around this entire month? We are trying hard to make attempts to relish in the quiet moments we have as a family throughout the next few weeks....and then make it a goal to carry that through into the next year. Enjoy the days....they are few, my friend. However, for those who know the Lord, our days here on earth may end, but our days with the Lord are eternal.
Are you busy shopping for gifts? Wrapping gifts? Swapping gifts? Debating the best gift?
Debate no more. There is no need to ponder any longer.
I read these thoughts the other day and wanted to share......
- Getting into Heaven is not about what you've done.
- It's about what God's done.
And that is clearly stated here:
- "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God"~~Ephesians 2:8
The best part, you don't even have to buy it.....HE paid for it all, a long long time ago.
You didn't have to fight for a parking spot (there's plenty), or sweet talk the store employee to let you buy the display model because the last one was bought just before you walked in, or be the 25th caller on a radio station to win.
You don't have to do anything.....HE did it all, including suffering and dying just for you.
He is the one and only. He is all sizes and colors. He is the BEST gift ever. If you already have the greatest gift, share it with someone else.
Unwrap it daily, soak it in, bask in the glory of the gift of our Saviour.

1 comment:
Awesome message for the most wonderful time of the year.
Post a Comment