I have this thing for polka dots. And cute stockings. So when I found these right before Thanksgiving, I HAD TO HAVE THEM. I've always held off from buying expensive stockings or having any of our previous ones mongorammed because I always knew I'd find some I really wanted. And VOILA! Sure, there may come a day when I get tired of these, but I hope not, they are too adorable to ever be put away for good! However, you will notice they aren't monogrammed.
At the time of purchase, I didn't want to leave them another week for monogramming, I wanted to get them home and hung on our mantle by Thanksgiving. However, if you look close, you will see blocks sitting atop the mantle over each stocking. Those are letters from an old letter press printing system used in New York City. My father-in-law brought them back as a souvenir from their trip with Elder Son to NYC this past summer. I think they are such a neat piece....we each have our monogram in these letters. I've wondered how I would display them, they are too cool not to have out, and making them personal to our stocking was the perfect idea.
So, the stocking are hung by the chimney with care....now, let's just hope St. Nick remembers to fill them!!
4 comments:
Kimberly! I love the stockings, but those printing press letters are to die for! Such a treasure! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season. Much Love!
Kimberly, I LOVE the stocking and the printing press letters, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of your children (and pets) in their Auburn attire. The children are precious and the Auburn clothes,shakers, etc. make the picture even more special. War Eagle!! Are you going to the championship game? We got our two allotted tickets and are giving them to our sons. I think it'll be really fun for them to enjoy that game together. We'll enjoy it from our living room and that's OK with us. I can be nervous and excited wherever I am!! Have a wonderful Christmas. Linda
Just lovely!! All I want for CHRISTmas are some of those cute little blocks!!:)
Great family picture! And I agree the stockings are super cute!! The printing press pieces are a treasure - love it!!
Post a Comment