Friday, December 10, 2010

Games you can play with the elderly....

  • Let's see who can keep their eyes closed the longest....or more commonly known as "NAPTIME".

  • This game is called "SKINS"....but it isn't played on the golfcourse. In fact, there is no equipment required. Except your great grandmother's hand. The winner is chosen according to who gets her skin to stay "up" the longest, after being squeezed into a ridge-like mechanism atop her hand. Believe it or not, this can supply hours of fun when you're a kid.


  •  Beauty Parlor....a long standing favorite among the generations.
  •  HUG-O-RAMA.....how many times can you hug a grandparent before they get in the car to leave? 

**** Please Note:  obviously from the looks of TynerBeth, this is a pretty outdated post.  This post has been in my scheduled archives for almost an entire YEAR!!!  That's just absurd.  I remember saving it because I had another photo or two to add....somewhere I have a picture of Grandaddy "jamming out" to a Barbie or Disney Princess bright pink portable CD player with ear phones, priceless.  Obviously I never found that photo.  However, I had to throw this up on the blog just for memories sake, I love sweet memories with the Great Grandparents.

1 comment:

Life throws you surprises! said...

My girls have been privledged to have several great grandparents in thier lives and this post just reminds me so much of their interactions with them. This gave me a good laugh and really helps to remember all the good times the girls had with them. :)