It varies from schedule to schedule but there is usually only one night per week that we all can come together in the evenings and actually be at home for a few hours--like in a row! I guard that free day like it's gold at Fort Knox. Because honestly, it's worth more than gold to me!
But when I give up that free day, you can rest assured it's for something that's also worth a lot more
to me as well....my sweet Phoebs and Vannah. (I also love my sister and brother-in-law more
than gold too, but I must be honest and say that I make the drive on a school night for the girls...
it's just extra that I get to see them too! :)
(Excuse this pic, taken with the iphone very quickly while under duress from the angst of 4 teenagers who think mamas are crazy for always wanting a photo. Like I really care.)
Vannah Banana
Phoebe Mae
I love this pic of my Phoebster. She is just as precious as it looks.
A fierce hustler, but oh so sweet.
And boy can these girls serve. Both are called in sometimes SPECIFICALLY for that reason. Nothing beats a good serve. And they did not disappoint in the matches I saw, both girls scored several points for their teams during their serves. Look, Aunt KK can brag all she wants, it's my blog.
I am new to taking Volleyball pics. I just don't do it often enough to get really
good action shots yet, but I'll keep working at it and hopefully get it figured
out before Vannah and Phoebs graduate in a few years!
But I did capture these pics that tickled my soul.
Now, I do not know these girls personally, I know about them, through the girls. They are teammates/friends, go to school with my nieces, and my sister knows them all very well.
After watching them on the court yesterday, I can tell you that they pull together as a team, especially when it is needed most, (as I clearly saw when they (being the underdog 1A) won one set in a match against a 5A school). They put aside "I" and encouraged one another to give their best.
And they have fun doing it, y'all.
I don't know much, but I know that's important.
Misery loves company, wherever you are, work, home, school, church.
Well, guess what I've come to find in all areas of life as well,
HAPPINESS LOVES COMPANY TOO
It's contagious. Smile at someone today. They are probably going to smile back.
Laugh with your friends. See if you don't feel better INSTANTLY.
And if life sends you a tri-match against the "bigger better school",
dig in and volley it right back.
No comments:
Post a Comment