Monday, September 22, 2014

Overtime victory in Jonesboro!! #howlyes!

So, with no Friday night lights game to attend this week (we had a bye), we set out early Friday evening to head to Jonesboro, Arkansas for the weekend!
 
 
Back story for the photo above:  So, the Arkansas State Football team had crosses put on the back of their helmets with initials to honor two of their fallen teammates.  A Jonesboro attorney, in affiliation with an atheist based group, made a ruckus that the crosses had to be removed from the helmets. And they were removed before the Miami game, two weekends ago. An ASU football player wrote a letter to the University officials addressing that the crosses should stay. The ban was finally lifted just days ago, and you can read more about it from Fox News by clicking here.
 
Now, in the photo above you can scan the crowd (we were in the stadium pretty early, so the whole crowd wasn't in yet when I made this photo) and see hundreds of people wearing shirts with the cross logo on the front.  On the back of the shirts it reads, "We wear this cross because our players can't"!! 

I cannot tell you how awesome it was to look around that stadium 
 the game and see these cross shirts scattered throughout every section!


 
WOLVES UP!

Tres Houston making a catch!

Tank looks so good. And big.


JD McKissic---heck of an athlete.


Student section art this week:  Fast. Physical. Fun.
Complete with a few crosses for good measure as well!






Coach Tucker happy about the TD!

Yes, I know this pic is blurry, and I blew it up so you could see them, so it's even more blurry. These fans are right in the endzone, during the critical moment with only seconds left in the game and Utah State attempts a field goal to win the game.....IT IS BLOCKED and sends the game to OVERTIME!!
 
Now, if you'll look right in the middle you will find some people I know....my three kids
and three more that are as close as family to me too! They are twirling their towels,
yelling loud and proud, and throwing up the wolves symbol!!



"Boston"...always looking bright on the sidelines!

Blake Mack going in to help block the attempted field goal.



The boys "talking ball" after the game!

These kids are such great friends. I love them all so very much.
It was a great night being shared together. Doesn't get much better than that!

Tank told T5, myself and Baby Girl that he was not happy about her growing up. This was his first time seeing her since she got her braces. I don't know if that's what set it off or not, but he told us all SEVERAL times, "I DO NOT like that she is growing up. Like, I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL."

Join the club, my boy, join the club.

No comments: