Saturday, March 03, 2012

Wonderful.

This month is very special for our family....as we have two children who were born during March.  When deciding about our verse to memorize for H3 this month, I thought about how excited I am when their birthdays arrive, the stories of their birth and cute little memories of each stages they've experienced, the years we've been blessed to have each of them in our lives....aw, sweet, sweet blessings. The verse that popped out was one many people choose on birth announcements, or display on photo frames or wall art in a child's room.  You will easily recognize it and may already have it memorized.

"I will give thanks to You,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
 Wonderful are Your works,
 And my soul knows it very well."

~Psalm 139:14



Oh, my sould knows it very well.  I take one look into the chubby, silky face of a newborn and I know the Lord's works are wonderful. How could your soul not know it well?  I remember times when all of my wonderfully made babies were in my arms for the first time....my heart, my very soul ached, I was that happy. It seizes you.  It completely seizes your heart, your mind, your very soul. 

But it isn't just then, in that very moment. Nay, I'd say it happens, over and over again, with each breath they take, each milestone they conquer, each birthday that comes, each tear that is shed and giggle that is shared......my soul knows the Lord is capable of quite wonderful works, indeed, my soul knows it well.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Beautiful devotion, Kimbo....

LL