I am not a runner, nor do I ever anticipate that being a title used with my name. However, I did want to try this out and when my sister-in-law and a good friend said they had signed up for a local 5K, I jumped at the chance to join them. Really, I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it.
And do you know what I found out along the way....I enjoyed it!
Here we are after the race with local TV news anchor, Brenda Ladun. It's actually her race....she's the namesake of the event, the Brenda Ladun Conquer Cancer 5K. She is a survivor...and beautiful woman inside and out.
I have waited to post this because I kept thinking eventually they would have the race results posted online and I could get an official time. For some reason, their clock went out shortly after the race began. When crossing the finish line, they did take the bottom portion of our bibs for record, but I've yet to find the race results. However, thank goodness I used one of my phone apps as a tracker that day. I started it as soon as the gun went off and we began running and stopped it as soon as I crossed the finish line.....and even though it isn't an official time, it's official enough for me. I completed my first ever 5K in 32:47.
And for all the real runners out there, I realize that isn't a particularly fast time....but for me it was a personal record! I had never completed that distance that fast in all of my days training, so I was really excited!!!
It really is true, you have no idea what you and your body are capable of until you try. And I am ever so glad I tried. In fact, I plan on trying again sometime in the near future!


1 comment:
Yea you!! AWESOME, AWESOME!!
Post a Comment