Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Season ending thoughts.....

Here at House of Bowling, we just transition from one sport to another.  Basketball ended on a Friday night, Elder Son had the next week off, and then just like that, Baseball try-outs.  It was a fun 7 days of freedom. 


At any rate, I certainly enjoyed watching him play round ball this year.  As I've said before, his coordination and ability to perform on the court this year was MOUNTAINS above last year. Granted, the NBA will probably not knock on our door, ever, but his mama sure is proud.

And by the way dudes in the photo below....that's clearly a FOUL....you can't slap a player's arm while they shoot!  Had you been in attendance, this was one of the moments you would have heard my mother yell LOUDLY to the official to notify him, the player/s involved and anyone else inside the gym of the crime just committed against her golden grandson. God love her.  


Above all else, it just makes me happy to see Elder Son play, good or bad, at anything he enjoys. 


And to enjoy it with his friends....well, that's just the icing on the cake.  As witnessed here, winning by a large margin in the 4th quarter, the starters were taken out and allowed to take a breather and watch from the bench....where something on the court certainly tickled them all!

2 comments:

Joy said...

I think that might have been the game that I was helping your Mother yell at the referee!

Lana said...

I love the picture of some of my favorite BES kids.

I miss them and am very proud of them.

Lana