Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....


Baby Girl decided this year she wanted to participate in the beauty pageant at her local school.  The last time she was a contestant was 5 years ago when she was in Kindergarten.  Anyway, the competition was stiff, 18 girls, 18 beautiful dresses, 18 smiling faces......


But none, like Baby Girl.  Or maybe I'm just biased. Or maybe I'm not. :) Maybe she is in fact one of the prettiest little girls in the world, or at the very least, in my world! 

She didn't win, but she was chosen into the top 10.  And there were no tears afterwards, so that's always a good thing. :)  However, had those judges been wearing black and white referee uniforms, I shutter to think what her grandmother might have yelled across the way as they departed by cover of darkness. :)


Necessity is the mother of invention, they say....so when the straps around the neck of Baby Girl's dress didn't fit just right, we borrowed a pin from her grandmother to fix her right up!


Yes, indeed, beauty is in the eye of the beholder....
but I don't need a panel of judges to tell me anything....


.... my eye sees beauty, inside and out.

5 comments:

Cordes Mom said...

My eyes see the same thing... She is definitely beautiful on the outside, but way more importantly, beyond beautiful on the inside. Just like her Mommy.

Joy said...

The eyes of this beholder sees beauty inside and out!

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

She is beautiful! I can't believe how grown up she looks.

crystal hollyhand said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Jennifer Simpson said...

How beautiful! TB is a knockout!