Monday, February 20, 2012

Sweet 16 -- these girls are AWESOME!!

Some of my very favorite girls belong to this team.  They made history for our school last year by making it to the Elite 8....and lost a couple of key starters from last season, so I was unsure how this year would go....but make no doubt, they were on a mission....and they have arrived.  This team came out blazing their way to titles (Area Champions) and fought their way on the court to get the chance to play in the Sweet 16 tomorrow. And we couldn't be any prouder of this group of girls and their coach. 







I get so tickled when I see all that is in this next little pic....
  • the coach still standing firm waiting for the last 1.2 seconds to tick from the clock to confirm victory
  • his wife, the "keeper of the book", sitting at the score table with the biggest smile across her face looking out to him
  • the fans, some already starting to rise, all the others soon to follow, offering this team a standing ovation for their big win
  • and of course the excitement of baby girl, knowing these older girls she looks up to are going to play in the Sweet 16


Sweet girls with their little piece of the net!



   A) Friends 
        B) Teammates
 C) Sisters
               D) all of the above. 
          Makes me smile every time.


I certainly hope to have some great pics to share with you after their next phase of play....I'm just happy to get to follow them wherever they go!

No comments: