Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A little DIY project

You know there are those moments where I think I can actually make some of those projects they show on HGTV, or things I find on Pinterest. And then usually I talk myself out of it before I even begin.  But not so, this time I managed to complete a nice room with refurbished pieces.

 Late this summer, I decided to try out my own project with a "free to me" headboard.  Circa 1978. 


Couldn't you tell by the nice wood tone and thick, bulky posts? Complete late 70's, early 80's all.the.way.  The previous owners...my parents.  




Also up for the redo was this cute little dresser I purchased a couple of years ago at an estate sale in Tennessee.  


A few years back, I was unsure why we couldn't install a pool in the backyard that we WANTED, but my husband clearly NEEDED a huge workshop that was built in record time.

Then I undertake a project like this.  These are the days I am thankful for my husband, his shop, and his stripping skills. Let me clarify, his furniture stripping skills. 


There you have it...the BEFORE's. 
Hopefully tomorrow, I will have the AFTER's posted. 

I know it doesn't look like much now...but I promise the after is worth the wait. They turned out SUPER. Really.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Zach and I are totally into redoing furniture!!! We did Zoe's dresser, our dresser and nightstands and now Evan's dresser....so much more personal ans so fun!!! Can't wait to see the afters!

Joy said...

Can't wait to see the end result. Jpohn and I are painting some furniture right now, also.

Joy said...

Hey, I have a blog to suggest if you don't already read it. www.betterafter.blogspot.com.
I gpot it from Josh's friend, Meredith. It inspires me