These Mommy and Me dates took place late summer, just a couple of weeks before school began. Each child had their own day to plan all the events. Middle Child chose to spend hours at the Birmingham Zoo, visit Smith's in the Village to purchase a few new knights and eat at Sumo Japanese Steakhouse. Here are a few favorites from the day:
I love this guy peeking around the tree!
He needs to dip in a vat of lubriderm.
Aw, hogwash.
Who is that masked man?
Camel rides....Lawrence of Arabia would have been proud.
Talk about being able to just sleep anywhere....even with dozens of folks watching your afternoon nap.
However, the summer heat gets to everyone, so you need a cool drink.
We took that as a sign to take a break too. Nifty coke machines.
The tiger is always a favorite.
Of course this lion is my pick of the day.
We stopped to smell the flowers. That's important, you know.
A barn owl's eyes are mesmerizing. Really.
Seriously, dude, does your mom just follow you around with that camera everywhere?
Why yes, indeed I do.
Middle Child and I had the BEST DAY EVER. I cannot express the joy in this one on one time with each of my kids. Thanks, son, for memories to cherish forever...
No comments:
Post a Comment