Thursday, August 19, 2010

Because she is special, we threw her a surprise party....

Since my sister and her family would be in town for Baby Girl's birthday party, we decided it was a good time to spring a surprise party for our mom as well.   And boy was she surprised.....and a little miffed that we got her so good she had even already changed into her "blue jeans and around the house shirt" instead of leaving her good clothes on for a Saturday night! :) 

Here's the special lady with her three wonderful children...looking from left to right I have labeled the photo for your easy viewing:

the son, the daughter, the mom and the favorite. :)


Yellow roses are her favorite.

We made a great big 70 out of various mini doughnuts from none other than Krispy Kreme.  I neglected to get a picture of the clever arrangement...but just ask any of the kids who were there, it was pretty cool. :)



And Baby Girl and I fashioned this nifty hand painted birthday sign for Granny.....which we had to put up and take down three times throughout the weekend because she kept coming to the house unexpectedly and we didn't want to ruin the surprise!!

I am truly amazed that my mother is 70, or almost 70, her birthday isn't until the 26th. 

I sit around and think, wow, she had to be almost 50 when she had me. :)

Of course reality slaps me hard in the face when I see the crows feet anchoring my eyelids.  Most days I feel like I'll be celebrating my own 70th birthday real soon.....and I can only pray I'll look as good as mom.

5 comments:

The Cannons said...

Happy Birthday to Mrs.Joan, TB and Temple!!:)

Lana said...

Great pictures, great party and an even greater birthday girl!

I love you Joan!

hicksfamilycircus said...

Happy Bday to your mom and all your bday peeps at your house. Glad to see you back to bloggin. I've missed you.

Anonymous said...

I think you switched the labels around on the picture...the favorite is 2nd in line and the daughter on the far end....and I'm sure this is correct since only Mom's favorite would remember that her birthday is actually August 25th and not the 26th:):):)

Joy said...

Joan has always and still is beautiful! Pray you got those genes.
Be hard for me to pick a fav Tyner.