Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Because she is the RAINBOW of our domain, every.single.day.

Baby Girl was able to celebrate her birthday with a party that occurred...well, on her birthday.   She loves art, especially enjoys painting, so there was no contemplation needed when I asked if she wanted to have her party at ALL FIRED UP this year.  A local paint your own pottery place....where she was the honoree for the day.  It was a first for us, we normally have always had birthday parties at our home.....however I have no pottery wheel in my basement to throw a few pieces together for 10 girls to paint....and besides that, we already had a big surprise event planned for another birthday girl, later in the evening, at our home (more on that in a different post).

But here is Baby Girl, in all her 9 year old glory, partying and painting!   


We, okay me, the mom, was a little behind in getting things geared up for Baby Girl's birthday this year.  Specifically my thoughts.  I seem to often have a problem with gathering my thoughts, birthdays aside. :)   Anyway, the point is I forgot to call my favorite cake ladies from The Dessert Box to get Baby Girl a knock out cake!  So we had to make do with some cupcakes made on the fly.


But surely I couldn't just make plain ol' cupcakes for Baby Girl's celebration.....so we made RAINBOW cupcakes.


And even some reverse rainbows as well.  Yes, time consuming, but oh so fun to look at and yummy to eat!!

All in all, it was a SUPER party, where we had SUPER fun painting, with SUPER friends and family, to celebrate one SUPER girl.....
my Baby Girl.

4 comments:

momofbugs said...

Those cupcakes look like so much fun! I wish I lived closer to get a Dessert Box cake....they are delicious. I will just have to enjoy all the cakes she makes for my niece.

Raegan & Caleb said...

Can't wait for the recipe. Love the creativity.

Courtney Long said...

impressive! between you and raegan, i think i'll bake this afternoon!

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Tyner Beth!!! Looks like you had a FUN party...the cupcakes look yummy!!
xoxo Aunt Joy