Thursday, May 17, 2012

Family Bed and Breakfast....

No, this is not a post about me pouring the kids a bowl full of Lucky Charms while watching Food Network in my bed.  Although, that could totally be a post on here one day, as it happens, quite often.

We recently took a trip to South Carolina, with a few other lady family members, for a weekend retreat at our cousins' bed and breakfast....better known as The Veranda on Main. 


Some of the Tyner women who were there....several generations.




There are many bedrooms in the house....my mom's favorite colors are yellow and blue, and since we were first to arrive she dropped her bags off right on the spot in this bedroom!  Although it really was a hard decision, as they are all so different but equally beautiful! 


And I would be in big trouble if I didn't include the room Baby Girl slept in with one of her favorite little cousins.  They giggled often behind those closed doors at night....a sure sign of good times.




The lush backyard---which was our view for much of the trip as the weather was near perfect and we just about lived out on the backporch!
  • we ate breakfast  there each morning (and it wasn't even Lucky Charms either, it was DELICIOUS homemade food my cousin Linda magically brought forth from her oven!)
  • we played cards there in the afternoon....and no one cheated, or maybe they did and I just don't want to say. 
  • we ate a late lunch there as well....I'm telling you it was divine.  


All the while, we would gather on the back porch and there we would linger, for HOURS, listening to family stories from years past, or recent ones from the drive over.  In the background you could hear the birds singing....well, you could hear them singing during those few moments when we weren't being so loud with our laughter.  I'm going to tell you, that old saying, "laughter is good for the soul"....it's the truth and it doesn't take but just a minute for our family to spout out a good story that will have you tearing up one minute and then cackling the next. 

I am so proud to be a part of such a family, with deep roots and strong branches....

Thank you to my cousins who were so gracious to host us all piling up for a weekend of fun! And if you are ever in their area of South Carolina....or even if you're not, it is well worth the drive to stay at their B & B.

I'm going to fess up and just tell you that I hardly even took my camera out during our visit....too much fun to get into that needed my full attention!!  But you can and SHOULD TOTALLY go to the website to see the Bed and Breakfast gallery photos and read about it for yourself.  It was also mentioned and described in an article about Abbeville (in the South Carolina section) in Southern Living this month.


What are you waiting for....plan a trip there NOW....and if you feel like you need a traveling partner, call me...I'm always game for a roadtrip with crazies....see:


No comments: