Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We know how to pack in some fun.

Sister and I have had our children on a little excursion for the past two days. Thrift stores. The hood. Johnny Rockets. Candy Stores. Pizza delivery. Krispy Kreme. Late Movies. Swimming. Hotel fountain drinks galore. etc.etc.

And it's not even been 24 hours yet. That's just how we roll. :)

However, I do have to stop for a moment and tell you how wonderful our movie experience was last night.  Each ticket only cost a buck. You heard me, a whole dollar per person.  I love the $1 movie theater.  And we were able to see a movie from earlier in the spring/summer that we missed at the big fancy schmancy theaters that charge $8.  What movie? Soul Surfer.  The one about the girl who was bitten by a shark, arm completely severed and still she perserved and became a professional surfer. Have y'all seen it?  Oh, it was just fantastic. Fantastic, I tell you.

My boys thought it might be more of a chick flick so they opted to take their buck and see RIO. Middle Child said it was really funny, but I hate to tell them, our dollar went a lot further than their animated humor. Seriously, if you haven't seen soul surfer, you totally should. Baby Girl even hopes to get it on DVD for her birthday.

Oh and another score for the evening....we hit the jackpot at the concessions too.  Apparently it was $1 coke and $1 popcorn night as well.....now that's a place where you don't have to take out a loan to get in the theater with your milkduds and buttery kernels of goodness.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Okay, which theater has the $1 movies?

Kim Lawson said...

What fun times and what memories you are making!! Times like these that make me long for a sister, especially a fun one with children around my kids ages!! :)