Sunday, July 03, 2011


Sorry for the H3 post being late this month.  Our internet has been out for about 4 days, acting all wacky on my iphone as well as our home computer.  May not sound like much of a problem to you, but it is when you're used to such modern conveniences.  Sure, I should have had the forethought to schedule this post ahead of time....but alas, I didn't. So, again, sorry for it being late, but here's the new verse for July.

"in all your ways acknowledge him (or submit to him),
and he will make your paths straight (or will direct your paths)."
~Proverbs 3:6

See...I told you it was important to learn June's verse....it connects right to July's verse.

This combo was one of the very first scriptures I memorized in my adult years, about a decade ago, when I decided I'd give it a try to keep some of that good stuff God had written on lock down in my gray matter. 

Some of it sticks better than others. :)  I bet you've noticed that as well....have you?  During the almost 2 years we've been memorizing....have you noticed how it's easier to lock those scriptures in when they are something that really speaks to your heart, your soul, your crisis or heartache or joy or sorrow or whatever your moment is and the words written are exactly what you needed to get you through it? 

Well, to me, Proverbs 3:5-6 speaks to everything in my life and can be applied daily. 

I can't sum it up any better than the Message does in it's breakdown of Proverbs 3:5-6, so I'll close with it.

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;

don't try to figure out everything on your own.

Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;

he's the one who will keep you on track.

I know my pathways have always been easier when they have been straight. There's a reason why the signs say "Dangerous Curves Ahead"....cause the devil puts them there hoping we will wreck every time. Failure. But God can make even the curves straighten out, at just the right spots in the road, in just the nick of time. All we need is to be listening, looking, seeking his will. Daily.

By the way, I hope you are all having a great summer.  Be blessed with safe travels and straight paths!

No comments: