Thursday, July 14, 2011

A bridesmaid luncheon


Baby Girl and I hosted a bridesmaid luncheon today that included a table FULL of ladies we love. One of my good friends is the bride's mother. One of my husband's good friends is the bride's father. And all of their children are some of our children's great friends too!


We had a great time decorating, cooking and setting the table for the occassion.  I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even get a picture of the food spread (london broil, mushrooms, rolls, green bean bundles, cheesy twice baked potatoes and fresh fruit salad with poppyseed dressing)...but it sure was good.


The Bride is a sweet little thing and so beautiful. And sadly, I didn't even get my camera out to get her picture either...we were too busy eating and chatting.


Oh, look....I did get a pic of the desserts...YUM!!  Almond chess squares with caramel & cream and oreo truffles, complete with a chocolate monogram for the bride.

 As with after hosting any party or event, I'm relishing in a clean house and leftovers.  Life is good. Especially when you have oreo truffles.

5 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

It all looks so wonderful!! I'm trying very hard to think of a luncheon you can host for me! ;)

Courtney Long said...

looks amazing!!

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

You and Baby Girl throw the BEST parties for brides-to-be!!! (Thanks for Krisha's!!!!) I can't wait to get your recipes for all this good food. Remember, you have a recipe blog.....:)

Raegan & Caleb said...

So beautiful. Love the flowers. The colors are so cheerful. And the food....well, I'm waiting to see those recipes as well.

Anonymous said...

I cooked too so why didn't "husband" get any credit?