A-U-B-U-R-N
Cam came running out when his # and name was called. The crowd went wild. I think he'd make great commercials for Crest or Colgate. :)
AU Students were allowed to have field access....first come, first serve....and thus those on the front row were able to get a high five from this AU favorite.
Cam gave a super speech that he wrapped up with a favorite quote from the Auburn Creed, "I believe in Auburn and love it."
Pat Dye was given a standing ovation.
Auburn's Mayor spoke in appreciation from the city of Auburn for Auburn University....and ended by saying he hoped to see "each and every one of you" (all 80,000) at Toomer's Corner after the ceremony! :)
One of my all time favorite AU players, Kodi Burns.....not because of his great plays (although he's definitely had a few) but more importantly because he exhibits the meaning of a true, selfless, team player. He said people were always asking him why he choose to come to AUburn.....he tells them, "for two reasons, 1) to be a part of the Auburn family and 2) to win a National Championship." I love Kodi.
Govenor Bentley, looking ever so sharp in his orange and blue tie, was among the many dignitaries who spoke at the ceremony as well....ending his speech with "I have one thing left to say... (pulls an AU National Championship hat from the podium shelf and puts it atop his head)...I'm ALL IN, War Eagle!"
The quarterback from the 1957 Championship team joined in the festivities by speaking and also he was chosen to carry the crystal football onto the stage for the ceremony presentation.
Cam Newton receiving the Heisman trophy from fellow AU quarterbacks. I include this photo, not because of Cam, but because of Stan White.....who I may or may not have had a crush on while I was in college at AU. He happened to be the QB part of my time there, actually during the undefeated season of 1993....and more importantly, he was the only man standing between the future with my husband.
I remember thinking to myself, "oh, if I bump into him on campus (or during the Wednesday night Karoake at Denaro's) and he asks me out I'll have to tell Temple we'll work things out later". I never bumped into him on campus, lucky for Temple. :)
Coach Chizik. I'm not gonna lie, I really like Coach Tuberville, and was sad to see him go. Turns out the Chiz was a good hire. :)
Oh indeed, Saturday was a great day on the plains. My favorite place on earth.
I believe in Auburn and love it.
5 comments:
War Eagle!! It's great to be an Auburn Tiger---and I believe in Auburn and love it.
Oh, I have chills. BIG TIME. WDE!
you could of done away with this on the blog but atleast auburn is in alabama so that makes me feel better :) Congrats to Auburn!
The only thing that made that day better for me was running into you!! I agree with everything you said here on this post. Oh and you share that crush with my mom! She loves her some Stan White!!
And who is this April person? ;)
War Eagle!!! All In baby!
I was so excited Auburn won. Now my sisters and I all have a national championship college. I remember being at FSU when we won the 1999 championship and being at the statium when they brought it home was awesome!
Post a Comment