Monday, January 03, 2011

Have big plans for the new year?

Raise your hand if you can believe it's 2011????  Anyone? Anyone?  Yeah, me either. But it is and so we go forth....with a clean slate :)


I'd be willing to bet that somebody out there (come on, don't leave me hangin') has made some of the same statements as me during the holiday season.  Notice I did NOT say RESOLUTIONS.....just a few reflective points I've mulled over in my brain.  Such as:  

Spending 1 on 1 time with each child more frequently
Losing weight

Eating healthier
Devoting more time to bible study
Organizing....there's something to be done in every room
Quality time with my friends
Finishing Projects
Starting new ones :)
Cleaning out my master closet....ugh. 
Snacking on raw veggies instead of all that other junk
Date nights with the husband....ooh la la
etc.etc.etc

To be honest, this is basically the same list of these reflective points each year, it seems.  This year I have decided to handle things a bit differently, I'm letting the Father in on these thoughts instead of trying to tackle it all alone.  And I'm planning to start the new year off with this verse in mind:

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for
 and certain of what we do not see." 
 ~Hebrews 11:1


You see, I know that Christ is here, although I cannot see Him.....through my faith, I can feel His mighty prescence.  And this verse spoke to my heart personally at the visions in my head for relationships, weight loss, organization,  etc.  I may not be able see the results yet, but my faith in what I hope for, with the Lord's help, will be easier to achieve.

Do you have something in mind you want to achieve?  The new year has begun, resolutions have been made, in fact some may have already been broken.

 So what are your big plans for 2011? Regardless, I have only one thing to say, don't forget to include the Father in those plans. Otherwise....well, you're on your own and that doesn't always work out so well. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

<3

Love this one!