Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My nephew of the gridiron...

If you have been around me or my blog for any amount of time, you know that we love sports, and we are definitely a football loving family.  I also love my sweet nephew, however, I had not had a chance to see him play a Friday night this year, because well, my boys were playing on Friday nights too, and I go where they go. :)  However, when my nephew and his team made it to the 4th round, and I had a free Friday night, you can bet your lunch I was going to be there to support him!  And after they won, I knew I'd be more than happy to make the drive to Auburn University to watch him play for the state championship game on Thursday, Dec. 6th.  So, there's a lot of photos to follow just random shots of him, his teammates, his coaches and moments of the games.  No, they didn't win the state championship, but that's nothing to hang their heads about....they were still playing high school football the first week in December and only 6 teams in the state can say the same!




The head coach with his father, the former coach, sharing a celebration hug after winning the 4th round playoff game!

The former head coach, with his other son, who also coaches.

My nephew Drake with my mom. 

How exciting!  The teams each had a "tiger walk" of their own to head to their locker rooms. (For those of you who don't know, that's an Auburn tradition that is an awesome experience and for these high school guys, it's was pure joy to walk through to the locker room with a lane made with adoring fans cheering for you on either side!)



Stretching on Auburn's field...

How cool is it to be featured on the jumbotron at AU?


Sweet boy...




He is really a big ol' sweetheart, except when he's on the football field.




My brother went to the doctor just less than 18 hours before the game was to be played, only to find out he had the flu.  The doctor advised he stay home. When that didn't fly, the doctor advised he wear a mask. When that didn't fly, he said well, take care of yourself.  So, in an attempt to avoid and thus save the crowd from his contagious self, the flu victim came into the stadium just minutes before kick off and sat high and away from everyone else.  He did have a friend who wasn't scared of the flu and decided to give him some company.  Also, something to note in this photo, and why I love it...do you see him playing with his ear?  He's stuffing it inside itself and he's been doing it his entire life, it's kind of like the habit of twisting of hair a girl does maybe?  He does it as a habit but it's more prevalent when there's an intense moment at hand.


Look...Drake on the jumbotron again!

I'm serious, ask anybody who knows him...he's normally a peacemaker, with a sweet soul.


I did go up during halftime and part of the 3rd quarter to check on my ear twisting, flu engulfed, brother.  (Because I'm not scared of his germs either.) I was able to get some really fun "aerial" shots being high in the stadium seats.

The State runner-up trophy ceremony...good job guys, chin up!


And the photo of all photos, my brother and his boy....of course this was taken after the 4th round win but still, it's a priceless pic.  Outside of my 3 guys, these two are favorites for sure.

No comments: