Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sweet Promises


"How sweet are Your words to my taste!
Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"

~Psalm 119:103


You know what can be found in God's Word (the Bible)?  Promises.  He offers us plenty of them. And unlike our family, friends, co-workers, teachers, students, bosses, UPS workers, football teams, choir leaders, used car salesmen, etc.etc.etc., THE LORD KEEPS HIS PROMISES. 

I chose this verse a few months back and saved it for now.  Selfishly, to use in a timely fashion for me...to speak directly to my heart.  But who knows it may speak to yours as well.  You see we have owned Golden Eagle Syrup company for a year this past September.  And in the last 12 months there have been many days I wondered WHAT IN THE WORLD the Lord had in store for me today at the syrup plant and WHY IN THE WORLD the Lord allowed my husband to have this deep hankering within to acquire it to begin with....

But also within the last 12 months I have learned to trust in the Lord's promises.  I have had to, there was no choice.  I did not know the first thing about owning a business, running a syrup plant, or making a batch of syrup.  Many days would come that I thought surely folks would just have to learn how to live without Golden Eagle Syrup....but alas, we trudged forward.  Blindly, half the time.  And so, for the first 3 months I prayed FERVENTLY for the Lord to help me daily with each new task I had to learn.  And then do you know what?  I turned around and it had been a year.  I had survived the whole first year with only a few battle scars. Solely because the Lord KEEPS HIS PROMISES. 

All the days I thought a syrup spill would be the death of me, or a leaky pump, hot boiler, finicky label machine, broken down pallet jack, sticky conveyor belt, and on and on would prove to be more than I could handle....He was right there the whole time.

His promises are sweet to my taste!, they are not bitter, they do not bite back, they do not turn sour, they are not so sugar coated or so salty that you can't stand them to touch your tongue, no, instead they are perfectly pleasing to your palate.  

Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth! And do you know why?  Because the Lord only knows and only promises HIS perfect will for your life. And for mine.  Which no one could have told me would include Golden Eagle Syrup....other than soppin' it on a biscuit at home. 

I know I'm late posting this month's H3 verse, and it makes me so mad when I have a good verse picked out and then forget to post it on time!!  But I could hardly wait to 'hide His words in my heart' this time. And I pray I keep them there to remind me to trust in the Lord and his promises..... 


No comments: