(*I send the football pics each week to my husband so he can put them on facebook for all the players and their family/friends to see them in action, if you are friends with us, then you've probably already seen this posted on facebook, but it's worth a second laugh.)
Background story: This guy is like family to us here at House of Bowling. He's been on a few trips with us (we have a very funny story from one earlier this summer), the boys have played ball with him for years, etc. so we're all pretty close. He and Baby Girl are always very supportive of each other in their respective sports. She usually comes to him with a pep talk before a big game, and he encourages her before a big meet.
He calls her a "beast" because she may be tiny but she trains so long and hard every week at her gym and she calls him a "beast" because, well, because that's what just about everybody calls him. On Friday nights at the end of every football game, win or lose, our players return from the midfield post game prayer to our sideline and with helmets off, kneel in a line in front of our band. The band then plays our Alma Mater. Every game that Baby Girl attends, she always finds a spot on "the beast's" knee in the line up. And every week I take their picture. This particular week I caught this shot, and although I wasn't in range to hear exactly what was said, I imagined it was something like this:
Boy: "I thought I was a beast, what do you mean I need to step it back up?"
Girl: "Look, the stats don't lie, you had 336 yards last week and only 236 this week, my math says that is 100 yds less this week than last. I'm just saying, maybe you should run harder next game."
1 comment:
LOVE!!!
Post a Comment