No new computer. But where there's a will there's a way. Old desktop from the 90's....slow but still works.
So, a few pics to commemorate the big break onto the Varsity Football scene for Middle Child. Our small high school begins in 7th grade, and our coach allows all the football players to dress out on a Friday night for the sidelines. Rarely do the young guys ever don the field of play....but it just so happens, if we are ever in a situation and have a game pretty well handled (big lead) in the 4th quarter, he starts subbing them in like fireflies. And it makes their night.....or at least for mine. Where else can you be 12 years old, weigh in at 78 lbs. and make it to the "big show"?
- You're going to have to come close to the screen for this first one....he's little #9 mixed in with the big guys....on the far right hand of the photo. See him?
- Here he is helping with towels and water during a time out. Notice the real Varsity guys are kneeling....and Middle Child is just about their size. :)
- Now we are getting to the nitty gritty....here he goes late in the 4th quarter....the first time those cleats dug in for the run onto the field, entering the game on a play as a mighty Friday night High School football player.
He lined up. Was knocked down. And then he got up again. I cannot tell you how excited he was. Or how excited I was for him. The sideline referee nearest me was excited for him too. He said "I hope the coach gives him the ball to run"....I replied "Oh Lord, I don't, they'll all try to tackle him!!" :) Hopefully soon I can post the pics of the boys in their Junior High games....you know with people a little more their size.
No comments:
Post a Comment