I love reading. I love going to the library and just scouring over all sorts of books. I also love quotes. Weird, humorous, interesting or thought provoking...I love them all. On a recent trip to the library, I found a book entitled Presidential Wit --a collection of quotes from our Presidents. And of course there were many I had to jot down in my journals to keep. So, I thought I'd share a favorite every now and then in hopes you enjoy them as I do.
Abraham Lincoln:
A Springfield neighbor looked out the window one day and saw Lincoln carrying his two sons, Willie and Tad. The boys were shouting at each other and punching the air.
"What's wrong?" said Lincoln's neighbor.
"Just what's the matter with the whole world," replied Lincoln. "I've got three walnuts and each wants two."
**I dare say if ol' Abe was still around today, over a hundred years later, he wouldn't think much has changed in this area.
1 comment:
LOL. I just love funny quotes. Especially ones said "way back when" by the famous. It reminds you that they were just as human as we are. Keep'em coming, girl! I love to catching up on your blog! I get big doses of "Bowling Whit". LOL. Love ya girl!
Post a Comment