I had a terrible headache earlier this week. One of those that makes you feel nauseous...just plain ol' sick. Then I decided I needed to bake something to make me feel better. Something with chocolate always helps. :)
Homemade granola bars was the recipe of choice. Why? Because a) I've never made them before and I'm always up for trying my hand at a new recipe, b) I've been watching too much Top Chef and Chopped late at night from the DVR and therefore have an increasing desire to run in the kitchen and start whipping up something scrumptious up from my "pantry", c) I thought it would be a fun treat for the kids to have after school and a booster for energy needed in their activities, d) Giada looks so cute when she makes stuff on food network, I thought it might work for me.
But mainly, let's not kid ourselves, it was primarily the result of my need for chocolate. You know, because my head hurt. :)
And y'all....they were good. Really good. Better than the store bought individually wrapped stuff in a box for sure!!! And my lovely little taste testers came in after school and confirmed my theory as well. Baby Girl even passed out sample bites to her gym coaches and school teachers.
They were so easy to make. I can't wait to pull from my inner top chef brain (bahahahahahahaha) and tweak the recipe for different variations. Because sometimes my headache needs, actually it beckons me to feed it, white chocolate and cranberries in my homemade granola bars. Padma would be so proud.
1 comment:
I'm patiently waiting on the recipe my dear. They look yummy, well a little gooey actually, but yummy all the same. I love granola bars and I'm certain that yours are to die for. Love you so much!
Post a Comment