Wednesday, June 09, 2010

AU Football Camp + a free ride.


Elder Son and his friend & fellow teammate are attending Auburn's Football Camp this week.  It's Elder Son's 3rd or 4th year....he loves it.  Me?  Not so much.  I mean we discussed this before, here on the blog, in fact I think we've cried it out a time or two.  His first year when we left him, Baby Girl cried more than I did and wanted us to turn around to go back and get him.  She (just as her mama) did not understand why we should just drop him off on the corner of a college campus, neatly set up his bathroom supplies, bedding essentials and match up his blue shorts with his orange shirt, only to merely drive away and leave him there ALONE.....as if they knew how to take care of him, or as if he knew how to take care of himself, or as if he'd ever survive without his MAMA.

The sad news to Baby Girl and I.....he did indeed survive.  And has requested to go back to camp every year.....away from his little sister and his mama. Hmph. That's all I have to say about that. Actually, I'll say this.....in all fairness, Elder Son is growing up....and year by year it's been a bit (but really only a smidge) easier to kick him to the curb with a sleeping bag and a pair of cleats and holler "HAVE FUN"..."AND DON'T FORGET TO TEXT ME EACH DAY"....than I ever thought it would be.

Part of growing up, I guess you'd say, for the both of us.

Temple was super impressed with my behavior upon our departure this time around. He stated he was really proud of me for not crying.  I said, "what can you do when he's as tall as I am?"....

As for Baby Girl....she didn't shed a tear either.  But of course she was too busy enjoying the day,  and not having to walk all over campus in the blazing heat.....she's cute enough in her Hollywood shades to catch a ride.  

2 comments:

hicksfamilycircus said...

Gotta love any kinda Auburn camp. And love the pic of TB with her free ride and Superstar shades.

Lana said...

So glad that Tank is able to attend! What a treat that will be for him. I hope that Rivers enjoys this year even more than the rest!