Saturday, June 05, 2010

1, 2, 3...JUMP.

We've been staying a couple of days with my sister and her family.  Cousins playing together is always a big hit, and there's also a birthday party thrown in this weekend as well, so FUN GALORE!! 

Late night swimming last night followed up with a morning swim earlier today.  Last night I set a bad example by jumping in the pool with my clothes on because I was too lazy to go ALL THE WAY BACK INSIDE to change into a swimsuit....plus I like the surprise factor on my kids face when I barreled in for a splash. Well, this morning, wouldn't you guess that they all decided it was probably easiest to just jump in with their clothes on, because why bother with trekking back up the deck stairs into the house, walking all the way down the hall, just to find a swimsuit that was probably still wet or damp and cold from the previous night?  

I was watching from the deck this morning without the kids knowing I was there....it's fun to eavesdrop like that sometimes. Here's what I heard:

Cousin S:  "I'm not gonna change, I'll just jump in like this (she had on long black knit pants and a t-shirt)"

Baby Girl:  "Okay, on the count of 3.....
  • 1
  • 2
  • 2 and a quarter

By this time, Cousin S is beyond ready to jump...but she's patiently waiting with her back against the rail ready to run as soon as Baby Girl says 3.....

and then I hear Baby Girl continue yelling off the countdown with this:

  • 2 and two quarters
  • 2 and three quarters
  • 2 and A DOLLAR......
And she was in the top of her class? Maybe we should stick with ready, set, go.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Counting money is overrated!!