I'm still a slacker, but determined to get some things accounted for and on this blog. So, first day of school arrived bright and early, one fine Monday morning. Ugh, Mondays, Mornings...blah. But, when the excitement of a new year is upon us and the thrill of being reunited with all your friends and classmates that have been absent during summer is in place....well, it makes for some happy kiddos here at the House of Bowling. Of course, such happiness can only last so long before it turns back into the drudgery of near dragging them from their slumbers each school morning. Apparently there is a magnetic force between their slender frames and the mattress.
Oh, look! They are FAR past the age where I would lay out clothes for their first day in hopes of playing all matchy matchy....but look what happened when they choose their attire...and they didn't even notice...and I was certain not to even breathe a word of it once I noticed it during the photo op. They sort of look all matchy matchy, which makes my heart smile inside.
Baby Girl will experience the joy of being BIG DOG (if you can call it that when you are the skinniest thing in class) on campus this year as she embarks on her final year at her school. The boys should take this time to enjoy their last year of freedom as well....next year, she'll be in high school as my inside informant!! :)
With the help of some cute pinterest finds, some Golden Eagle treats and the dollar bins at Target, Baby Girl was ready to greet her new teacher. I'm just glad she still enjoys helping out making these and delivering them....I don't know what I will do when she quits on me....
As tolerant as she is, there are those times when I know to just pull back a little...even when it's killing me inside. So, you will notice the lower part of the child proof window showing as I drove off from car line to document this LAST EVER, FIRST DAY walk into the building.
I am happy to report everyone had a great first day. And I survived as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment