Do you feel like you are running in a marathon all day for some or most days, even on the weekends? The holidays are just like a spiraling tailspin for most, if not all of us. And they often lull me into thinking, "as soon as the holidays are over, things will slow down". Have you ever said that? Or as soon as we get past this birthday party month, or this next holiday, or this next deadline at work, or this next big project for school, or this next hurdle with someone's health, or this next birth or death of a loved one, or this sport's season. Well, I've come to figure out what happens after you get through "that next one"....another something comes right on the heels of it. Not always bad, I'm not saying it's always negatives that bombard us. Often it's many good things....but still they seem overwhelming when all is said and done.
I didn't make a list of New Year's resolutions this year. I know what I need to do. Without a shadow of a doubt, and this verse sums it up completely for me. To be certain my primary focus is where it needs to be in all the hustle and bustle, not of the holidays, but of everyday life. Hopefully, you can draw from it as well.
"Be still,
and know that I am God."
~Psalm 46:10
The Message version of the Bible says it like this:
Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God!
I love that. And truly, could it get any simpler than that? No, not, sit on your laurels and wait for money to grow on trees, your children to raise themselves..... But do take the time to notice God in every day, acknowledge His prescence in your life, allow that prescence to guide and guard you.
Here's how it speaks to me, Kimberly's paraphrase for my life, for my busyness and unsettled days. I know to begin my day with HIM is best...to be still in Him for a time each morning, or with prayers throughout the day, to rest well in the night.....
BE STILL, KIMBERLY! I am right here beside you, each and every day. Look at me, I am seeking your heart daily, will you seek after me? In today's decisions at work, at home, with your family and friends, with your testimony and walk, with the big and the small problems, with the sadness and with the joy...Be still and know that I am God. The God who works miracles. Not all miracles will be what you expected, but all miracles are what I command. And what I command is always for the best for those who seek me. One day, you will understand. But for today, BE STILL....in ME.

3 comments:
Love this!
Great post~LL
Great thoughts!
Post a Comment