So, it seems a year has passed, and I did not blog. I put down the proverbial blog pen a year ago to see if it would help lessen some of the rat race infested chaos that life throws at times. It was a productive, time-consuming, exhausting, heart wrenching, glorious, fast-paced, joyful, demanding, exuberant, taxing, trying, and all around swell year.
I didn't blog about it, but I did live it. Indeed, I lived it, and survived.
And guess what, the rat race infested chaos still came around whether I was taking a small chunk of time to blog about it or not. So, I contemplated the process and decided with all that life throws, I'm willing to throw back a little, to dig in my heels and demand that small chunk of time back that allows me to create a timeline to remember when the days are long and the memories fade just exactly what my little House of Bowling was doing, thinking and feeling.
Because, quite frankly, that whole scrapbook thing is out the window. If I don't put it down on the blog, it may never get recorded. And if it doesn't ever get recorded, how would we know that during the course of this last year, Elder Son (who has the most desirable head of thick supremacy) surprised me with a new haircut for Mother's Day 2013, a shaved head....Middle Child (who has loved his golden locks so much that I thought certain he would sprain his neck daily throwing that Justin Bieber mess the side) surprised me with a new haircut for Easter 2014, a faux hawk.....And sweet Baby Girl has teared up on numerous occasions this year all because (blow dryers must be from satan) I insisted she blow dry her hair instead of going to bed with it wet for the 3000th time.
See, haven't you missed all that hair related drama that has unfolded quietly behind the scenes? I have.
So, I hope to update at least monthly what is going on amongst the House of Bowling folks. Stay tuned...you never know what may happen.
1 comment:
I am SOOOOOOOO glad you are back!!! I have missed you!
Post a Comment