Monday, April 08, 2013

Sweet Sixteen is not so sweet for the mama.

Elder Son turned 16 on St. Patty's Day.  Then we took a spring break trip. Then I procrastinated some more by making up reasons why he couldn't go take his test today, or the next day or next week....because clearly, I thought I could keep him off the roads forever that way.
 
Finally, I came to my senses and decided he was, in fact, no longer 3 or 9 or any other age younger that 16. And I took him for his road test. And he passed. And we paid $23 to have his picture made and they said okie dokie, drive your heart out.
 
And he took that to mean that immediately.  After years and years of me driving my 3 precious babes through car drop off and car pick up lines for school, it ended. Just. like. that.   
 
 
 
 
Oh the agony of watching them drive away....without me. WITHOUT ME!
 
 


 
The party was to come later. But Elder Son's sweet cousins did manage to bake him a cake on his birthday to celebrate as well. They are thoughtful like that...and they even decorated it with his favorite colors!
 
I may or may not have indulged my broken heart by eating half of that cake after they drove off that fateful morning, without me.

No comments: