Thursday, March 17, 2011
Denial is my best friend.
Denial.
No, not because Elder Son killed a pretty fox a few weeks ago. This isn't even really the picture I would have chosen to put on this blog post, but I knew it would make him happy....he was proud of his fox kill back in January. And being the bad blogger I am....it never made it to it's own blog post, so here it is now.
Rather, I'm in denial because he keeps getting older....and I don't like it at all. AT ALL.
He's all cool, calm and collected in these teen years. (Let's just hope it stays that way).
It's a blessing to him as our firstborn. It's a blessing to watch him grow. It's a blessing to see him play sports. It's a blessing to hear him lead a prayer at church services. It's a blessing to have him help his little brother or sister with something they can't yet do. It's a blessing to see him eat half our grocery supplies in a day that should have lasted a week. (if you are reading this and feel led to do so, please send money to feed him...thanks).
It's a blessing to call him my son.
Happy 14th Birthday, Elder Son. You are one of the greatest gifts God has given us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy, happy birthday, Rivers!! I love you very much!
wow - 14 years old?? happy birthday elder son!!
Post a Comment